Search This Blog

Pages

New in my Wardrobe

New in my Wardrobe

I have been trying to be really good and not buy as much lately, but as the seasons change, there were a few pieces that have caught my eye and I thought they would slot into my wardrobe well and give it  a little refresh. Most are classic pieces that I will wear a lot over the next few months (and years), alongside a few accessories to add a touch of fun and sparkle. As you will be able to tell....I am having a major magpie moment with jewellery, just obsessed! so many great, affordable pieces that are quite different to anything else I own....thinking of doing a jewellery round up, if that's something of interest?

H&M Tote

The iconic H&M tote (perfect Dior book tote dupe) is back again for AW21 and has already gone again! sold out as quick as before. This time however I was quick enough to get one, this time in this gorgeous black/beige houndstooth. Love this print, classic but so statement and the perfect colour palette for autumn/winter. Ideal for my work essentials and a great size to wear with a smaller handbag.


Gold Tone Starburst Earrings - Mint Velvet

This particular pair of earrings were purchased last week. A beautiful statement piece, ideal for dressing up a simple tee/jeans combo and great for adding some festive sparkle to my outfits. I love the simple starburst design and they also come in silver, love them both but feeling the gold is more me. I was worried they were going to be massive but are actually the perfect size - statement but not silly.


Silver Friendship Bracelet Set - Mint Velvet

The latest addition to my bracelet stack, I really love the mix of silver and sparkle in the word LOVE and the little stars featured on the second bracelet. This set also comes in gold which I may need to look into next month to wear together as I love to mix my metals. 


Huggie Hoop Earrings with Star Drop - Orelia

I actually bought these earrings to replace a pair I've had for about 4 years, that broke last week (replacing like for like). They are the hands down the best pair of everyday earrings I have ever had. I really love the Huggie style and my ears like it too - have actually struggled with studs lately but Huggies are ideal and I love how they stack and sit well with an ear cuff. A great mix of diamante studs and a little dangly star charm. Think I had them in rose gold last time but that was out of stock so went for a classic gold.


Gold Tone Lightning Necklace & Gold Tone Charm Hoop Earrings - Mint Velvet 

The second I saw this collection I knew I needed it in my life - stars and lightning bolts a match made in heaven. I love the almost brass shade of gold used and the black diamante detailing. Both the necklace & earrings have not left my body since I bought them. I love the long length of the necklace, a great one to wear with high necked tops. Whilst the earrings are a great size, not so big that they get caught but large enough to make a statement - ideal worn with my hair curled. These are both available in silver but for me the gold made more of a statement as it has the contrast stones.


Essie Nail Polish "Get A Mauve On" - Amazon

Technically not clothing but wanted to include because I am obsessed with the colour. Get a Mauve on is described as "Smokey purple quick dry nail polish with grey undertones" and is my ideal shade for Autumn.


Black Military Blazer - Mint Velvet

I finally found a blazer that I love - I used to have one from Topshop but after 10 years it gave up on me, and I have been on the look out for a new one ever since. I really struggle with fitted blazers in the sleeve/armpit as they are too restrictive however this style is in a Ponte fabric so it has an element of stretch meaning I can move around easily and still feel comfortable. I love the gold buttons, and although it is double breasted there is something very streamline and classic about the styling...plus top tip, buttons are easy to change, so when I get bored of the gold I can just swap out to something a little simpler.


Nicola Twist lock Medium bag - Kate Spade

Need to pause and take a moment here....this bag is my dream bag from 2019, you will have seen it featured in not only my Wishlist but also within a blogpost. Not current season but when my dream bag popped up on eBay, in the colourway I love, at an amazing price, I couldn't resist (my overtime treat). A gorgeous girly colour with a beautiful, statement fastening (the twist lock is truly unique). The perfect pop of bold colour for the winter with all my grey & monochrome pieces plus pink is in for AW21 so bang on trend too.


Mom Jeans - H&M

Again another rebuy item, I had these mom jeans in the summer in a much lighter wash but needed a darker pair for the autumn. High waisted mom jeans - supposedly ankle length but at 5"4 they definitely are not ankle length on me! but no problem as I like to style them with the hems rolled up anyway. A nice and classic denim wash, great teamed with a white tee and my new blazer. 


Black Ottoman Jumper - Mint Velvet

The zip detailing on this jumper caught my eye. A basic layering piece but something a little different about it - slightly cropped in length, ribbed texture and zip detailing on the hip. Ideal length layered over a dress and worn with the zips open to show off a pop of what's underneath. Also not too thick - I am a warm bodied person so super thick, chunky knitwear is too hot for me, this one is just right.


*Worth noting I do work for Mint Velvet and bought all the pieces featured with staff discount. At the time of writing this post all items were still available however not all are still in stock sadly.....check the links if something catches your eye.

Would love to know what's new in your wardrobe for the Autumn/Winter season.....

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' to keep up to date with new posts!




Post a Comment

Blog Series

1 Item - 4 Ways

Home

Style Spotlight

How to Wear

Blog Archive

Follow Me ♥

Inspiration

“Playing dress-up begns at age five and never really ends.”
– Kate Spade