Search This Blog

Pages

TGF Edit: The Sweatshirt


In my opinion, the sweatshirt has become a wardrobe staple, especially here in the UK where the weather is so variable. When it's too hot for full on knitwear but cool enough to need something on your shoulders.....enter the sweatshirt! Up until now the sweatshirt has be a sportswear item kept for PE/the gym or those super cool girls who can rock the Bella Hadid sportswear look. However it has moved into everyday style for many in the last few years, boosted by lockdown and a industry move to much more relaxed style trends. I was unsure if it was an item I could get on board with at first but actually I now have a few styles that work so well on a more casual day. I tend to gravitate to simple clean styles with a slogan or motif (easier to style with a printed dress or skirt) rather than an all over print however I will make acceptations for something beautiful.

I have rounded up my favourite styles below, from the high-street as well as a couple of independent brands.

Let me know your favourite piece...

The Sweatshirt - my top picks


A whimsical style to start off my picks, featuring my favourite Disney characters Stitch & Angel. Primark have such a great selection of sweatshirts, especially Disney themed styles at great prices. I also love a blush pink one with a beautiful line drawing of Thumper the rabbit on. A great budget option, especially if like me you aren't sure if a sweatshirt fits with your style.


Grey Rebel Slogan Sweatshirt - £69 Mint Velvet

Loved this style, grungy and a little more rough than the other styles featured. This shade of grey works well with lots of colours & would work well teamed with jeans, dresses or skirts and everyone loves a bit of rock & roll (well I do at least).


Pink & Neon Pink Leopard & Lightning Bolt - £50 Scamp & Dude

A very statement option, but I do enjoy a bold leopard print especially in pink. Cute too as you can get a similar mini me version to twin with your little sidekick. Also worth noting that Scamp & Dude have an amazing inclusive size run - from XS to 3XL.


Louisa Embellished Cropped Sweatshirt - £155 Sophie Pittom

The most expensive piece from this roundup, but very unique and beautiful. Each piece is hand appliqued so each one is unique. Sophie Pittom is a new brand on my radar, I discovered it through Instagram and I loved the unique embellishment detailing. Something quite romantic and girly balanced out with a simple boxy grey sweatshirt. It is also available in a beautiful baby pink.


The Sweatshirt Ivory - £60 Boden

A great classic style, simple Ivory base but with a cheeky rainbow stripe on the sleeves. Ideal to team with an easy jeans & trainers look, or style like the model with a pair of khaki chinos. Boden have this style available in other prints including a bold statement floral.


Saturday' BouclĂ© Slogan Sweatshirt - £16 @ Sainsburys

An unexpected find whilst doing my weekly shop! always worth a look as the supermarkets are giving the traditional fashion brands a run for their money, especially at this amazing price point. Slogan sweatshirts are cute and cheeky, plus this colour combo is gorgeous for spring/summer. A classic crew neck with rainbow bouclĂ© lettering which adds some texture to a simple piece.


Pink City Slogan Sweatshirt - £69 Mint Velvet

I actually own this one, fell in love with the beautiful shade of pink (not to light and washed out, but not full on Barbie) with the burgundy lettering, an usual combination. Loving the city slogan trend and this was something a little different to anything else I've seen before. I also like the fact it is a summer weight sweatshirt, no furry inside making it ideal for warmer days and also a little easier to tuck in.

Are there any sweatshirt styles you've seen that you think I might like? Please leave the links below in the comments #sharethelove

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' to keep up to date with new posts!




1 comment

  1. * UPDATE: Both the Copenhagen and Rock & Roll; styles from Mint Velvet are now in the sale :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Series

1 Item - 4 Ways

Home

Style Spotlight

How to Wear

Blog Archive

Follow Me ♥

Inspiration

“Playing dress-up begns at age five and never really ends.”
– Kate Spade