Search This Blog

Pages

My August



* Tribal necklace from New Look - bargain at £4, especially as i found the same necklace in Topshop for £50! * A nice surprise purchase from Claire's Accessories - Fifi Lapin inspired earrings, another bargain at £3.50 not where i usually shop but had to have these, so cute. * Willow deciding that my oversized clutch is meant for sleeping on - have had to hide it so she can't find it again. * H&M autumn/winter catalogue, great way to complile my shopping list. * Pinterest ♥'s. * Great little shop in Northampton with a whole wall of witty signs - must go back for Christmas presents. * Best pictures from Kirstie's birthday party - fancy dress fun.


* Autumn inspirational image round up - trend ideas for next year. * The perfect nail polish colour for me - Lovie Dovie from Essie, a soft bubblegum pink with the slightest hint of neon. * Willow choosing what to wear this morning, my tribal floaty vest won, beautifully offsets her tortoiseshell print. * New t-shirt from Zara, finally a perfect stripe t (has only taken a few years to find!). * A great little motto for me. * Stocking up on new socks, cute little characters from Monsoon. A Little bunny, panda and fox. 
* Lands' End spotty cardigan, a great mix of nude background and neon pink print (matches my Essie polish), perfect for layering and adding colour. * An un-expected suprise from hubby, my favourite flowers Gerbera daisies. * My greatest fashion challenge so far - spotted this jacket in the August edition of UK Glamour magazine, there it was in how to buy less wear more and i was in love! So i eagerly kept checking the Next website for when this would finally appear but by the middle of August still no sign so i used modern methods and Tweeted to Next and asked when it would drop down in store, the response i got was both helpful and unhelpful at the same time - it may be in stores but wasn't online yet and no style code available for me to try and order/track down the item with! My next stop was calling my local store to ask if they had it in stock - after half and hour the result, no not in stock, item is actually in sale, some stock in the country but no inter-store transfers on sale items. At this point i was angry and annoyed, why use a sale item in a current article??? In a last ditch attempt to find it i searched on Ebay, and after 5 mins had found it, only one in my size and only £7 as opposed to the next price tag of £34. Good old Ebay saved the day! Was so happy when this landed on my doormat 5 days later!!



* New tablecloth - really cute olive green print, matches my kitchen accessories perfectly. * The latest addition to my ever growing shoe collection - Western slingback ankle boots from Next. Supple leather with a stacked heel, classic shape with a twist. Will style with dress and jeans. * Tatty Devine unicorn necklace - forgot how much i love this necklace, just the right amount of quirky for work. * My Autumn wishlist post - slowly ticking off the pieces and adding them to my wardrobe. * Scrapbooking fashion inspiration my favourite way to spend an afternoon #oldschoolpinterest. * Willow posing for the camera! Little tart. * Vintage mirrored pony badge from my uni days, forgot i had this but a great little badge. * My latest purchases after my shopping expedition with @FashionLind - Topshop animal print dress (on my wishlist), Topshop jersey top in a new colour for me and a silky stripe top from Dorothy Perkins. Think my bank balance hates me now! * My final purchase from Birmingham - my alternative to a coat for work. Gorgeous wool cape with fur collar, perfect for driving to work in whilst remaining warm and stylish.

So that was my August - did you get up to anything fun?

Post a Comment

Blog Series

1 Item - 4 Ways

Home

Style Spotlight

How to Wear

Blog Archive

Follow Me ♥

Inspiration

“Playing dress-up begns at age five and never really ends.”
– Kate Spade