Search This Blog

Pages

1 Jumper - 4 Ways


 Welcome back to the second instalment of my 1 item, 4 ways series, where I am showing you how to make a single piece of clothing work harder within your wardrobe, to create multiple looks so you get the best cost per wear. Again I am using Mint Velvet as my shop of choice - I am a senior style advisor for the brand, and the best part of my job is being able to use my love of fashion to help my customers feel great, look amazing and know that they can easily pull together a number of outfits with just a couple of key pieces.

This time round I am focusing on a gorgeous piece of knitwear - the beige metallic knit. This is my 2020 Christmas jumper! subtle metallic sparkle woven into the knit, perfect for a cosy Christmas and a very versatile silhouette - slightly cropped with a chunky polo neck, gunmetal zip detailing to one shoulder & the cuffs and in the most beautiful warm beige that works with so many other colours. I have included a couple of items I actually own from this season, in my selection as these are outfits I will be wearing over the winter months with this knit....head to my Instagram to see them styled up @theglitterfashionista.

All items featured in this post are available now online at Mint Velvet.



Outfit One 

Knitwear used in all looks - Beige Metallic Knit Jumper

Kelly Print Jersey Midi Dress, Black Eyelet Leather Belt & Aston Lace Up Peep Toe Boot

First up is an outfit making the most out of the crop of the knit, layering it up with this gorgeous butterfly print dress, which I have had now for a few months. Teamed with the eyelet belt so as to front tuck the knit in for extra emphasis on the nipped in waist. This combination transforms a beautiful dress into a skirt (two looks for the price of one). I felt this outfit worked as the dress has the most amazing Autumnal colours in it and the beige knit compliments this so well. I also teamed this look with a pair of peep toe boots, in a warm shade of brown, ideal to balance out the skin on show as the knit has a very high neck and very flattering with the hanky hem of the dress.


Outfit Two

Faux Leather Joggers, Tori Metallic BagPalmer White Velcro Trainers

This look was inspired by my gorgeous boss Jodie, teaming the jumper with a statement pair of faux leather joggers, tucked in at the front to show off the waistband and my favourite pair of simple Velcro trainers (very Veja and so classic). Adding the metallic bag ties in the gunmetal zips and is a great way to add subtle sparkle to an everyday outfit - perfect for a cheeky Starbucks date.


Outfit Three

White Oversized shirt, Denver Black Coated JeansDebbie Biker Boots

This outfit, is how I've been wearing this knit during lockdown, layered over a simple white shirt (preferably oversized, as it creates a beautiful drape under the knit) teamed with a pair of black skinnies - these Denver coated jeans are ideal as they add some texture to the look but it would work with any skinny jean. Finished off with the boot of the season....the biker boot, adding a touch of grunge to a classic outfit. The perfect everyday look for me and ideal for mum days, add a bag and your good to go.


Outfit Four

Lottie Animal Print Mini Dress, Rose Gold Plated Star BangleBlack Leather Cowboy Boots

Last up is the Lottie dress, a piece I bought a few months ago and I have been wearing it non stop over a jersey polo neck but it also looks amazing under the beige knit on a colder day. The hem of the jumper hits at just the right point so the flippy hem of the dress has freedom to swish, again creating a skirt look. This outfit wouldn't be complete without a pair of classic black tights - needed to keep the legs warm and the perfect partner to a pair of buckle boots. These cowboys boots are the ideal height for a mini dress, elongating the leg and are so comfy too. I have also included on this outfit, this gorgeous rose gold star bangle, perfect to have poking out of your sleeve (and a great little gift for Christmas).

Worth noting, this jumper is also available in a gorgeous deep teal green shade ♡ Teal Green Jumper

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Which of the four outfits would you choose?

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' to keep up to date with new posts!



Post a Comment

Blog Series

1 Item - 4 Ways

Home

Style Spotlight

How to Wear

Blog Archive

Follow Me ♥

Inspiration

“Playing dress-up begns at age five and never really ends.”
– Kate Spade