Search This Blog

Pages

How to Wear: Chinos

How to Wear: Chinos

Introducing the chino, the newest trouser style in my wardrobe and a welcome change to my normal choice of skinny jeans. Now when I say chino, this in my world means a loose fit style trouser usually made from cotton, with a rolled up cuff and they are typically in Khaki green but as you will see above there are some great other colours too - grey & a classic beige.

I have a khaki pair from last summer that I lived in, so much lighter than jeans, a stylish summer alternative. My chosen pair were from Mint Velvet (uniform allowance) and are back again in the range this season (Button Pocket Chino) along with a new grey paperbag waist style that are gorgeous - as modelled above (image 2) by one of my collegues, the lovely Emily and styled with the Tie Sleeve Sweatshirt. As someone who can really struggle with trousers, I have found Chinos a very versitile style for my apple body shape, especially as they show off a bit of ankle and sit a little higher on the waist.


What to pair with them?

My one style rule: keep your top half fitted - tuck it in (full or french), to show off the waistband. Chinos work best with a simple t-shirt or sweatshirt, a more tailored shirt, your favourite lightweight knit or a summery vest, anything that can be tucked in. In addition chinos look great with a jacket - a structured, slightly oversized blazer is perfect especially when paired with a simple white tee or for a more casual look opt, for the classic denim jacket or a more edgy leather jacket.

The Footwear

Trainers or flat sandals are no brainers with this style, playing on the casual nature of the trouser, but a wedged espadrille or classic court shoe can also look great and add some height - perfect for us vertically challenged ladies.  Dependant on the cut and length, ankle boots also work really well too but stick with a simple, slender pair - sock boots in particular are ideal as they sit under the cuff without adding bulk to the ankle.

The Accessories

I would personally go for a crossbody or tote bag, a summery straw style bag especially would be a great pairing, adds a bit of fun. If you do tuck in your top, pop on a belt and go for one with a statement buckle - adds detail and helps to define the waist. I also love adding a classic fedora on a cooler day, something so chic about finishing off an outfit with a hat.

How would you style a pair of chinos?

Image Credits: 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' to keep up to date with new posts!


Post a Comment

Blog Series

1 Item - 4 Ways

Home

Style Spotlight

How to Wear

Blog Archive

Follow Me ♥

Inspiration

“Playing dress-up begns at age five and never really ends.”
– Kate Spade