Search This Blog

Pages

How to Wear: Shorts

How to Wear: Shorts - Inspiration
Back with a new installment to my "How to Wear" series, sharing inspirations on how to style shorts, when your not on the beach....

Such a versitile piece to have in your wardrobe - can be kept super low key and casual, or really dressed up. Until recently I have shied away from shorts, for me they were simply a holiday item of clothing, not easy to wear day to day and for me not the most flattering....that is until i discovered paperbag waist shorts. This style of shorts has completely changed my opinion and has opened my eyes to just how versitile they actually are. For me they are a great piece to wear on my mum days, my legs are out but no chance of flashing knickers while I am crawling around soft play or running after my newly walking toddler.

So first up are you a floaty, cotton or denim shorts kinda girl...choose your style, length & colour, then your ready to style them up.

What to pair with them?

Shorts are one of those pieces, that seem to work with every kind of top, I love to style mine up with a basic or slogan T-shirt, jersey vest, silky camis and slouchy shirts. I always tend to go a little oversized with my tops, then do a french tuck in the front to give my waist definition. I think shorts look so much more than beach wear when teamed with a jacket, be that a blazer, denim or biker. Personally I really like a paperbag waist pair of shorts styled with a classic tee and a blazer, this is my go to combination. As you can see from the styling inspiration images above there are so many ways to style, dependant on the occassion.

The Footwear

Again because shorts are so versitile, most footwear styles work. I tend to go for simple white trainers, my go to flat tan sandals, birkenstocks or on a cooler day slouchy ankle boots but I do appreciate something a little sexier, teaming shorts with a heel for a night out. I think as long as you make sure your footwear reflects your choice of top, then anything goes.

The Accessories

My favourite part of styling up any outfit....the accessories! I love to add a panama hat, a cute summery straw bag or something a little more structured (usually in tan), plently of boho jewellery especially layered necklaces. Shorts afterall are predominatly a summer style so embracing the sunshine and accessorizing accordingly is so much fun. Also if you are tucking in your top, a detailed belt is a great addition, adds interest as well as waist definition - I really like a western inspired belt teamed with an oversized shirt.

Image credits - 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13

How do you like to style your shorts??
Check out the rest of the "How to Wear" series here...

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' to keep up to date with new posts!



Post a Comment

Blog Series

1 Item - 4 Ways

Home

Style Spotlight

How to Wear

Blog Archive

Follow Me ♥

Inspiration

“Playing dress-up begns at age five and never really ends.”
– Kate Spade