Search This Blog

Pages

Save or Splurge: The White Lace Dress


I am sure you will have all seen the amazing dresses from Self Portrait, the premium brand that took Instagram by storm last year. After seeing some of my style icons sporting this midi white lace dress I like many i am sure, fell in love. Just the right amount of flesh on show but still uber feminine and chic but at over £300 i do not have the money or occasion for such a piece. I was however excited when i found a great highstreet alternative - midi length, white with layered lace detailing, overall a pretty good dupe don't you think?

Highstreet white lace dress

The dupe is from River island and coming in at £80 is a much more purse friendly way to wear this lace style, white dress. Not quite as beautiful as the original but definitely has potential - with cut out detailing at the waist and shoulders, it would make a lovely summer dress. Hoping to find in-store soon so i can try on (keep watching my Instagram will post pics).

Self Portrait £330 or River Island £80

Would you save with the River island version or splurge on the original self portrait style? 

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' to keep up to date with new posts!

7 comments

  1. This dress is so freakin' I definitely think the white lace is coming back! xx adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Glitter Fashionista10 March, 2016

      I totally agree, white lace is gorgeous and perfect for the warmer weather.

      Delete
  2. There are various online sources to provide you informative details on this topic,
    but this is one is very helpful.
    white lace dress

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog theme is looking so great! love it:) cool post, great dupe
    Catherine xx
    http://phreshchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Glitter Fashionista10 March, 2016

      Thanks Catherine, glad to hear you enjoyed the post and the new theme x

      Delete
  4. So my prom is coming up in May and I found this white lace dress that I fell in love with. I'm just hesitant to get it because I'm not sure if it would be appropriate for my prom. It's not WHITE white. But it was so pretty in person.

    I feel like people might think it's too wedding-y. Can one wear white to prom?
    white lace dress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Glitter Fashionista13 March, 2016

      Yes you definitely can wear white to prom, as long as you team it with some killer statement accessories. Maybe go for some bright shoes to make it seem less wedding-y. These days anything goes when it comes to prom, so go for it....and remember to share a photo x

      Delete

Blog Series

1 Item - 4 Ways

Home

Style Spotlight

How to Wear

Blog Archive

Follow Me ♥

Inspiration

“Playing dress-up begns at age five and never really ends.”
– Kate Spade