Search This Blog

Pages

New Year Beauty Discoveries


Discovering new beauty products has become an indulgence for me, since i started getting beauty boxes such as Birchbox. These are some of my first impressions of some products I’ve been testing for the past month. Simple. I figured it would be a nice way to sum up products I’ve been playing with recently so here we go…

Rituals foaming shower gel sensation (£8.50 Rituals)
I have been using both Zensation and Yogi Flow in sample sized bottles from Birchbox. Both smell amazing, a small amount goes a long long way and lathers up well. The foam leaves my skin feeling soft and i love that the fragrance lasts for ages. So far i prefer the Yogi Flow, a little more fruity than Zensation which is more fresh and i need to schedule a trip to Ritual to try out some of the other 4 scents and pick up some full size bottles.

Philip Kingsley Straight hair (£19 Philip Kingsley)
Another Birchbox treat and although i was skeptical that this would make a difference to my frizz prone hair, i was pleasantly surprised and loved so much i will be buying a full size tube once this one runs out, but as you only need a little this will last a while longer. My hair is smooth, soft and definitely straightens easier as the gel is heat activated and offers additional protection. It also doesn't leave hair feeling crunchy or weighed down which some styling products can do.

Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Texturising Spray (£6.99 Boots)
Saw this product mentioned in a couple of YouTube videos over Christmas and after having tried three other texturising sprays that i wasn't happy with, i have finally found one that i love. Offering both volume and hold whilst adding soft texture this spray is a great all rounder and gives my loose waves the added oomph i was looking for. One small note if you do buy small squirts only, too much and you end up with crunchy hair.

Soap & Glory The Ultimelt Deep Purifying Hot Cloth Cleanser (£10 Boots)
A drugstore dupe for the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish this cleanser is the latest addition to my new year skincare regime. Heats up when massaged into the skin, melts makeup off leaving skin soft, supple and smooth. Can leave my face feeling a little dry so only using once or twice a week. Love the cloth that comes in the pack to, a great combination that really leaves my face feeling clean. I originally thought the Liz Earle product was a lot more expensive tan it actually is, so now i have tried this version i may also give the Earle version a try.

OGX Anti-Breakage Keratin Oil Shampoo (£6.99 Boots)

Everyday styling has left my hair needing some extra pampering and this was a product that caught my eye as it contains Argan oils which my hair responds well to. Leaves my hair soft, non frizzy and works well in partner with my heat protector sprays to leave my hair shiny and smooth after styling. However it is a rich shampoo so will be using every other week, as a treatment rather than my everyday shampoo.

Have you tried any of the products? Is there anything you would recommend i try?


4 comments

  1. Definitely going to try that texturizing spray! My hair lays so flat. Thanks! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a good product and i think its on offer in Boots at the moment too

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy using shower gels rather than soap, the Ritual Yogi Flow is one that I would like to try. The Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Texturising Spray also sounds like something going on my wish list to try. Thanks for sharing:)
    If you're after a good claryifing shampoo I recommend Lush "I love juicy" shampoo and their "American cream" conditioner as two products really worth trying.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Glitter Fashionista13 March, 2016

      Thanks for your recommendations, i love Lush so will check the shampoo & conditioner out x

      Delete

Blog Series

1 Item - 4 Ways

Home

Style Spotlight

How to Wear

Blog Archive

Follow Me ♥

Inspiration

“Playing dress-up begns at age five and never really ends.”
– Kate Spade