Search This Blog

Pages

My Little Box - Year Review



"My Little Box aims to delight and surprise you every month."

A delightful monthly beauty and lifestyle subscription box all the way from Paris.
Each month the themed box comes with must-have beauty products (including one from the in-house beauty range, My Little Beauty), Fashion and lifestyle accessories, My Little World magazine, Illustrated goodies by Kanako other surprises… Priced at £11.95 plus P&P
For more info check out mylittlebox.co.uk

The boxes i have received...
My Little Parisienne Box - September 2014  Look inside
My Little DVF Box - October 2014
My Little Cosy Box - November 2014  Look inside
My Little Christmas Box - December 2014  Look inside
My Little Energy Box - January 2015
My Little Frenchie Box - February 2015  Look inside
My Little Super Box - March 2015
My Little Dream Box - April 2015
My Little Provence Box - May 2015
My Little French Riviera Box - June 2015  Look inside
My Little Roadtrip Box - July 2015  Look inside
My Litle Gypset Box - August 2015
My Little Fashion Box - September 2015

Overall i have been pleased with almost every box, there were the occasional odd products that i didn't like but i think there was only one box that truly disappointed me and made me think about cancelling when i received it - the My Little Super Box. The beauty products saved it (just) but it was the worst theme and the lifestyle products were awful! Stickers of superheros and a t-shirt, which was once size fits all and on me that meant a skin tight crop top that i couldn't even used as pajamas!! Clothing or anything sized is an awkward item at best in this kind of subscription as one size fits all just doesn't cater to all customers. However it was only this one box that i truly hated!

On the flip side i had two favourite boxes - the theme, the beauty and lifestyle items were all perfect and very to my taste - the 1st UK box, My Little Parisienne Box and the Christmas box which was a collaboration with my favourite beauty YouTube'r Fleur de Force (for a full review of both and to see the goodies inside, click the "Look inside" links above).


My Little Beauty

So as explained every box contains 1 item from the brands own beauty range - My Little Beauty and comes in this beautifully designed packaging. I received a variety of items - from face mist to body scrub, highlighter to mascara and three variations of a red lip product.

I really liked all the products from My Little Beauty, all products i have enjoyed using and would love to repurchase. The only items i was not completely convinced by were the lip products (lip/cheek pencil, lipstick, lip gloss) all three were lovely, with a great consistency and staying power but all came in a shade of red. Whilst i get that a red lip is very French and in keeping with the brand not everyone likes or looks good with a bold red lip - wish they had mixed them up a bit and offered at least one everyday nude shade. This was really my only disappointment for this collection, other than you can only buy individually online if you live in France!


Premium beauty

A great selection of both brands and products over the last 12 months, with two per month alongside the My Little Beauty item. A good mix of makeup, hair and skin care items from both brands i have heard of (such as Garnier, Essie, Laura Mercier, L'occitaine, L'oreal) and plus some higher end that i knew nothing about (Keratase, Nuxe, ByTerry) - this mix allows the customer to try items they wouldn't have before which i guess is the point of a beauty box. I have actually used all the items but one (the Essie green nail polish, my favourite brand but a very un-me colour) and now have some faithful beauty go to items that i will be repurchasing when i run out.


Fashion & Lifestyle

The main difference between My Little Box and other beauty boxes around - the fashion & lifestyle items that support the beauty. A very wide variety of products, most of which have been useful, but not going to lie there were a few items that i just didn't understand or didn't for me really fit into the box theme. Such as a mug so small it would only fit a shot in (i now keep cotton buds in it), paper flower pots?? and the customisable gold bangle, which you could only wear if you have giant wrists.

Items included: Scarves, notebooks, stickers, sunglasses, phone case, stamp set, travel wallet, laptop case plus many many more.....hard to shoot them all in one photo!


Out of all the boxes i received these are the products that were my favourites...

Beauty: Garnier Micellar water travel size and Miracle sleeping cream, My Little Beauty after sun cream (smells of bubblegum) and illuminating highlighter pen, Kerastase deep hair conditioner, Nuxe multi usage dry oil and By Terry eyeliner.

Lifestyle: Neoprene laptop case, travel wallet, nail stickers, sunglasses, knitted winter head band, coin bracelet, hair bobble/bracelets and a scarf.


So after a year, I am ending my subscription, the final box i received was the perfect end - a fashion themed box to tie in with fashion week (how gorgeous is the artwork). I have loved waiting for these boxes to arrive every month and the anticipation of what will be inside but i want to try out other beauty boxes for some comparison.

Overall I would recommend to try this beauty box, but you need to be open minded as some a months are better than others.  Have you tried My Little Box - What do you think?

So now i am off to try another beauty box, Birchbox perhaps - any recommendations??  

1 comment

  1. Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute, Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one. As we provide Fashion Box 4 You at an affordable price, for more info visit our site.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Series

1 Item - 4 Ways

Home

Style Spotlight

How to Wear

Blog Archive

Follow Me ♥

Inspiration

“Playing dress-up begns at age five and never really ends.”
– Kate Spade