Search This Blog

Pages

Soles of Summer


I have always been a magpie when it comes to shoes, as a teenager and in to my early 20's I was always about quantity over quality when it came to my footwear, at one point I think I could have opened my own shoe store I had that many pairs. I remember my absolute favourite at aged 16, were a bright pink pair, of cord patchwork stiletto boots from good old New Look (such a hideous sounding pair now but back then I thought I was so cool!) 
I think this shoe philosophy all stemed from my love of beautiful shoes intertwined with struggling with my weight (shoes always fit no matter your size) and my student budget, so for many years I bought lots of pairs of cheap and cheerful shoes. It wasn't until the day I passed my driving test and decided to treat myself to a stunning pair of slouchy leather boots from Barratts, as a well done to myself gift and discovered spending a little more is better especially on footwear - these beautiful boots are still going strong after 7 years although they are now looking very vintage and sadly have sprung a leak (but can I find a replacement pair?? No!) Since that day where possible I will always try and choose styles that are timeless and will look fabulous for many seasons, even if I have to spend a little more, but I do still indulge in some of the more fast fashion styles when I feel my inner magpie take over.

Most of my favourite shoes at the moment are actually from Topshop - their ballet flats fit like a glove and are the best I have found without spending over £50, so much so I own several pairs in varying colours/shapes/textures, plus I also find their heels really comfortable, and although this is a highstreet brand and not too expensive they are leather and well made, so it is a happy balance.

So I thought I would share my favourite summer footwear - the styles that I will be living in over the warmer summer months, something for all occasions:

HEELS


1. Block heeled fringe sandal.    2. Leather wedges.   3. Block heel ankle boots

All three of these styles are just the right height for everyday wear, the block sandal in particular has become a favourite within my workwear wardrobe. I used to always look for delicate sandals but could never last a whole day without blisters - block heels are every fashionistas savior, style with comfort. The boots are a staple in my winter outfits but they are a great pair for the summer too as they are very neutral. My mission this year is to wear my summer heels more, I spent a lot of time in flats last year but with my 5"3 frame heels make everything better!

FLATS


4. Flat leather sandals.  5. Patent slingback pumps.  6. Peeptoe raffia ballets.  7. Nude brogues.

When it come to flats i tend to invest in the classic leather styles, like these gorgeous Aldo sandals that go with everything, but save my pennies on styles, like these stunning on trend patent mint slingbacks (£18 absolute bargain). I also tend to stick to classic colours such as tan / nude, and let my summer clothing carry the season's colour but it is nice to inject a little bit of fun in certain pieces.  

What is your summer shoe philosophy? Do you have styles you always turn to when the sun comes out?

- ♥ -

With my new house nearly complete I am now focused on the storage of my vast footwear collection - I am a lover of displaying my favourites whilst logically stowing away the remainder. Think I may try the suggestion of show boxes with photos stuck on the end to help! 
Do you have any great suggestions for footwear storage?

Post a Comment

Blog Series

1 Item - 4 Ways

Home

Style Spotlight

How to Wear

Blog Archive

Follow Me ♥

Inspiration

“Playing dress-up begns at age five and never really ends.”
– Kate Spade