Search This Blog

Pages

My January


* Pastel and neon take over in the accessories department at River Island, some gorgeous ladylike styles especially those in neon pink. * The cutest cat paper clips from H&M, a must have for my desk once i have tracked them down. * A New Look on The Glitter Fashionista - after a small technical hiccup where i lost all my images, i decided to embrace a new, sleeker look for my blog and so far you all seem to like it, any feedback is appreciated. * My favourite time of the month, new editions of my magazines are out, glossy and new. * Think my love of my new Accessorize tartan scarf has gone a little mad, haven't taken this off since i bought it in the sales last month, it goes with everything. * Discovered a new photo editor app that has really helped to spice up my Instagram photos, a must have addition to any phone - A Beautiful Mess available on Itunes and Android. * Trying to jazz up my working wardrobe, by mixing up my existing pieces and playing with prints, went for a stripe top and floral jacket mix with a statement necklace and plain black skirt, simple but effective. * My first post on some new spring styles from the delectable Boden, Spring has Sprung has perked up my spirits after the miserable wet weather we have had all month. * One of my favourite pin's from Pinterest - fuels my tartan obsession.


* Another fabulous sale bargain from Accessories - have finally used up all the pennies on my Christmas voucher. * A very inspiring trip to the Northampton New Look store - loving the new collections in-store, in particular this mix of black, white and cobalt. * Was so taken by the in-store display i went back for the cute little jumper, which looks great over jeans but is also short enough to layer over my favourite dresses, great for the cold weather. * The new love in my wardrobe - not normally one for neon green, the minute i saw this flippy hem dress pop up on the Topshop new arrivals i knew i had to have it. Such a gorgeous fresh print, as well as a flattering shape and fit - love wearing it with ankle boots and a jacket now, but will also look great with sandals when the summer comes. * My top picks for spring that i have seen in  store or online in January - Spring Wardrobe Picks. * The month's favourite images collected from Pinterest - mostly street style which i love, with a great mix of warm winter and fresh spring outfits.


*  An intellectual trip to London, to visit the V&A exhibition "Club to Catwalk" as well as the permanent history of fashion exhibit - this was my favourite piece of the day, a stunning 50's ballgown perfect for any princess moment. * My companions on my London trip - my little sister, her fiance and my niece (whose birthday this trip was arranged for). * The breathtaking grand hall at the Natural History Museum complete with dinosaur! A packed day - the V&A, Natural History and the Science museum, something for everyone. * My day trip outfit, comfort needed to keep up with an excitable 6 year old - my new Topshop dress, H&M jacket, fur collar and flat riding boots. * An event that comes round once every 2 years and always costs me a fortune - eye test and new glasses. Found these amazing Marc by Marc Jacobs frames which are just what i was looking for - if you wear glasses buy the best as you will spend a lot of time in them, that is the logic i work on so i can justify spending £200 on them! Check out the great brand selection available at Boots opticians here, including Prada, Orla Kiely and Ted Baker to name a few. * The ultimate dressing room - with our new house still being built i am gathering ideas for the decor and this would be my ideal wardrobe space, not just a home for clothes but a beautiful room. * A great article on bargain fashion from Now magazine, not my usual source of style but really liked the collection of items chosen - was especially drawn to the multi print jacket from boohoo.com. * My round up from the V&A including the highlights from the exhibitions, read the post here Club to Catwalk.

So that was January - can't believe how quickly this month went by. Looking forward to a busy February, make sure to check back and see what i get up too.



Post a Comment

Blog Series

1 Item - 4 Ways

Home

Style Spotlight

How to Wear

Blog Archive

Follow Me ♥

Inspiration

“Playing dress-up begns at age five and never really ends.”
– Kate Spade